Everything you need to know about the new Porsche 911 Dakar edition.
With only 2,500 models being produced, the Dakar edition showcases that there are no limits to the 911 range. Evoking victory from the 1984 Paris to Dakar Rally, the birth of the all-wheel drive Porsche 911 came to fruition, therefore the new 911 Dakar is offered with a bespoke Rallye Design package, reminiscent of the iconic Dakar winning car.
5 things you need to know about the new Dakar edition.
1. Ride Height: The ground clearance is one of the first notable differences in the vehicle’s platform, now 50mm higher than that of the 911 Carrera with Sports suspension. The standard lift system can increase the vehicle's ground clearance further by an additional 30mm. Resulting in an increase in approach and departure angles for traversing obstacles. The maximum ride height function allows for ambitious off-road adventures at speeds of up to 170 km/h. Above that speed, the car automatically lowers back down to its normal level.
2. Bespoke Rubber: All-terrain elements include specifically developed Pirelli Scorpion all-terrain plus tyres. The chunky tread pattern is nine millimetres deep, and the reinforced sidewalls and the threads consist of two carcass plies for increased durability on all-terrain surfaces. Pirelli P Zero summer and winter tyres are available as an option.
3. The Powerplant: The 3.0--litre, BiTurbo 6-cylinder with 480ps delivers superior performance on and off the beaten track through the capable all-wheel drive system. The 911 Dakar edition will achieve 0 to62mph in an impressive 3.4 seconds with a limited top speed of 150 mph (Limited by the all-terrain tyres).
4. Rally Technology: Coupled with rear-axle steering, engine mounts form the track-focused Porsche 911 GT3 with the PDCC anti-roll stabilisation and two additional driving modes, the result – a 911 just as dynamic on the sand and loose surfaces as it is on the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
5. Safety and recovery: The red aluminium towing lugs at the front and rear of the vehicle provide points to tow and recover the vehicle in all elements. With widened wheel wells and sills, stainless steel protective elements on the front, rear and side sills of the vehicle assure protection for each and every adventure.
Watch the launch video here.
*Data determined in accordance with the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) as required by law. You can find more information on WLTP at www.porsche.com/wltp . For Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) range and Equivalent All Electric Range (EAER) figures are determined with the battery fully charged, using a combination of both battery power and fuel.
Values are provided for comparison only. To the extent that fuel and energy consumption or CO₂ values are given as ranges, these do not relate to a single, individual car and do not constitute part of the offer. Optional features and accessories can change relevant vehicle parameters such as weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics which may result in a change in fuel or energy consumption and CO₂ values. Vehicle loading, topography, weather and traffic conditions, as well as individual driving styles, can all affect the actual fuel consumption, energy consumption, electrical range, and CO₂ emissions of a car.
** Important information about the all-electric Porsche models can be found here